Monday, April 13, 2009

Are You There, Jacob? It's Me, Bejae.

Since I am planning to use this blog to post my many thoughts, theories, and ideas about LOST, I decided that I would share how my thought process has worked up until now and give a brief history about myself since becoming a Lostie.

I didn't start watching LOST until this past summer (2008) when one of my brothers loaned me his Season 1 DVDs. I went through the 6 DVDs in 3 days thus abandoning my children, dishes, laundry, and life! Like a crackhead looking for a fix, I began frantically calling my family and friends in search of the Season 2 DVDs. Fortunately, my parents had them. (note: neither of them have ever watched a single episode which further supports another theory that I have - Am I Adopted??) I quickly finished Season 2 and then viewed Seasons 3 & 4 on the much appreciated ABC.com Full Episode Viewer.

The next few months were very sad for me as I felt that I had nothing to live for. I had greedily drained the Well of the Island and I now had nothing to drink. I purchased my own copies of Seasons 1-4 and rewatched them but my thirst was not quenched. I found myself keeping notes of thoughts and questions I had about certain scenes or themes within the show. I convinced some of my co-workers and friends to borrow my DVDs in the hopes that I would have SOMEONE to share this wonderful story with. All of this was only a means to pass the time until LOST would re-air in JANUARY!! "Are you kidding me?", I asked. JANUARY!?!?! Yes, because of the stupid writer's strike I would have to wait another 5 months to read the next chapter of this rivoting drama.

But then it happened......the heavens opened up to me......I found the key to my survival and it was right in front of me all the time.........blogs, chat rooms, podcasts, websites, articles, Lostpedia, books, youtube channels, on and on the wonderfulness continued!! It was magical! How had I missed this underworld of greatness? I felt like Veruca Salt walking into my very own personal chocolate LOST paradise (get it? - LOST paradise, instead of Paradise Lost! Clever, right). I probably looked like Gollum as I pet the screen of my Powerbook G4 and whispered, "My precious", to all of the LOST fansites I had just discovered. It was overwhelming and wonderful.

Obviously, since then, I have narrowed down my favorite websites to only a few (check out my post on Websites I Recommend). And I have learned the hard way that, as much as I think I do, I infact DO NOT WANT TO READ SPOILERS.
Next Post: My Soooo Good and Not So Good Theories

No comments:

Post a Comment