Thursday, April 16, 2009

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE Part Deaux

5x13 - "Some Like It Hoth"

Now my first thought when I saw Hurley writing in a Dharma composition book was, "great, Hurley is writing down everything that has gone on since the crash because he feels like he is going crazy.  And Ben is going to find it and that is why Ben knows so much in 2004 when 815 crashed."  I was even racking my brain trying to remember which castaway was a bounty hunter.  Then we find out that Hurley is writing down the storyline of The Empire Strikes Back.  Don't get me wrong, that WAS comical but I am really anxious to see my theory proven.

I realize that this was a Miles episode, but Hurley brought so much to last night's show that I have to talk about some of his quotes.  For starters, in my opinion, one of the BEST scenes in all of LOST was the Hurley/Miles/Chang-in-the-Van scene.  Watch what I am talking about here

I almost peed on myself laughing at the scene that followed.  Here, Hurley and Miles are in the van alone and Hurley is trying to pump Miles up for how great all of this could be for him.  Where does Hurley come up with this stuff?  Unfortunately I could not find a video clip online to share here.  (note to self: learn how to grab video clips on my own so that I can add them to my blog)  Without a doubt, Jorge Garcia has gotten some of the best lines this season.  I'm used to getting my laughs from Sawyer in past seasons but Hurley's remarks have made their mark on Season 5 - "Let's face it, Ewoks suck dude."

LOST didn't leave us to wonder why Hurley was trying so hard to help Miles through his daddy dilemma.  The answer was hand delivered to us in a scene between Miles and Hurley while they were filling up the van with gas.  Hurley missed out on a real relationship with his father because his dad took off when he was 10 years old.  In Hurley's eyes, Miles has the opportunity of a lifetime by getting a second chance to have a relationship with his dad.  Of course, Hurley doesn't have the same cynical outlook on life that Miles has. 

In closing (finally!), I want to mention that I think there is definitely some meaning to Sawyer's sudden neglect to wear his glasses.  Is this a Superman/Clark Kent thing?  Is he trying to impress Kate?  Are they gone for good?  What's the deal?  Thoughts anyone?  On the other side, Jack's scene with Roger was weird, awkward, and creepy to me.  

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jack, but I wasn't feeling it.  And I think Jack is in LaLa Land if he thinks that his little talk with Roger was effective in keeping things quiet for ANY amount of time.  Jack's approach to Roger only reinforced our knowledge of the doc's god-awful bedside manner.  I don't know how Jack is containing himself, but he is maintaining his whole "I'm doing nothing" attitude for sure.  But my theory is that things are about to get a little too crazy for Sawyer to handle and I can't wait to see him do some groveling when he needs Jack to save the day.

Here are a few other notes that I took down while watching this episode.  I would love to hear your comments, thoughts, theories, etc on what you think.

1.  Dan's back!  Where has he been?

2.  I am almost sure that this week Braum said, "Do you know what is in the shadow of A statue?"  But last week in "Dead Is Dead", Ilana's line was something like, "What lies in the shadow

 of THE statue?"  I know it seems minor but it caught my attention so I thought I would mention it.  I also may be totally wrong on what exactly was said.

3.  Braum mentions being on a "team".  See my theory page for some of my thoughts on what I think the meaning of that is.

4.  What do you think Sawyer and Juliet will do with that pesky security guy?

5.  Horace's instructions to Miles about taking the body to Chang in "Grid" something, reminded me of some dialogue that took place between Jin and Sawyer back in 5x8 "LaFleur".  Jin reports to Sawyer on which grid number he has completed.  What was the deal with that?  What did all of that mean?  What were Jin and Sawyer up to in their "grid search"?

Can't wait to hear what you guys think.  I'm almost looking forward to next week's break - this blogging stuff is harder than I thought!!  Namaste.

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out the first part to this post - I See Dead People Part I

No comments:

Post a Comment